Street naming and numbering charges
Please Note: Fees are subject to increase on 1 April 2021.
A charge of £124.00 for one address, plus £45.00 for each additional address. Register official addresses for:
- one or more new dwellings or commercial units
- an existing property converted into flats, or commercial units
- an agricultural building converted into residential or commercial units
- an existing commercial unit split into multiple units
- a sub-divided property merged into a single residence or commercial unit
- other newly built, sub divided or merged residential or commercial units
- an existing property which has no official registered address
Property name change
A charge of £45.00 for pre-existing properties only, see the new development section above for newly built or converted properties.
Change the name of a property:
- For a property with an official registered address bearing a name only
- For a property with an official registered address bearing a number and a name
Add a name to a numbered property:
- For a property with an official registered address bearing a number only
Please note a name can be added but the number will remain as the primary identifier.
Confirmation of address
A charge of £45.00 to confirm an address when discrepancies have been identified, perhaps during the sale of a property.
Amendment to development layout
A charge of £45.00 for each plot affected. This is for large development sites which have already been named and numbered but are undergoing a re-plan.
Street re-naming requested by residents
£124.00 plus a charge of £45.00 for each plot affected.
Two thirds of residents on the street need to agree to the change and evidence of this will need to be submitted with the application.
Reasons for the change must also be provided and the suggested name must satisfy the criteria in the Street naming and numbering policy (pdf) and will be subject to consultation.